I received the news today that I have been ethically certified by Indie Shaman.
Indie Shaman is an organisation I’ve been a member of for some years. They offer shamanism home study courses, an excellent magazine and friendly community. You can read about the aims and ethics of Indie Shaman HERE.
The really special thing about this is that I actually re-designed the Indie Shaman Logo back in 2013! I also had a couple of articles published and my art and photography has featured on the cover 3 times! Now I’m in the position to offer my services, I went through the process to become ethically certified.
Holding the Ethical Practitioner certificate means I have been approved by Indie Shaman and I agree to:
- use my skills for the betterment of the individual, the community and the land.
- be honest, open minded, non-judgmental and to treat others as I would like to be treated myself.
- strive to source and use goods which are produced without the exploitation of other people, animals or the land.
- only charge an appropriate fee and to discuss this fee with the client or customer in advance of any work being undertaken.
- maintain client confidentiality, unless this is overruled by a child protection issue or vulnerable adult protection issue, in which case to report all suspected such cases to the relevant authority.
- not knowingly work with an individual without their informed consent.
- not knowingly work with an individual under the age of 18 years without the prior permission of their parent or legal guardian.
- refer any client to a qualified health professional when appropriate.